Warning: Spoilers Included
Thanks for stopping by the discussion page for The Poisoned Glass!
I’d love to hear your thoughts about The Poisoned Glass, including Jennie and her family, Paterson, the murder and investigation, the sentence and punishment the men received. People often comment about the conditions in the mills and women going to work, and safety.
Some of the most interesting topics people talk about include:
- Were all the men (Walter McAlister, George Kerr, William Death, and Andrew Campbell) equally guilty?
- Was their punishment fair?
- How much weight did their wealth carry?
- Why were some people willing to take the men’s side after the assault and murder?
- Why were the people of Paterson–Dr. Townsend and the saloonkeeper Saal, for instance–unwilling to expose the men?
- Did Sculthorpe deserve any blame?
Note: Your first comment has to be approved to deter spam bots. After that, you can comment without waiting for moderation.