Warning: Spoilers Included
I was planning to publish this page on the day of the book release but I was surprised (and delighted!) to see on Good Reads that some people have already read and reviewed the book! I want to hear from everyone who has thoughts to share about the book.
Has It Come to This? is the unsolved mystery of Frank Richardson’s murder in Savannah, Missouri on Christmas Eve 1900. I love hearing your thoughts on these stories so please do share your ideas and theories about what happened to Frank.
I’d love to hear any thoughts you’d like to share, including about the suspects, their motives, the crime scene, the investigation, and the trials, or feel free to weigh in on any of these controversial questions:
- Who was Frank looking at and talking to when he asked, “Has it come to this?”
- Addie told over a dozen people that Frank’s last words were, “Has it come to this?” Later, she said that Frank said, “Come to–” Why did she change? Is it a significant change?
- Did Goldie Whitehead and/or Frank Davis have anything to do with the murder?
- Do you believe Stewart Fife’s alibi? If it wasn’t true, where was he?
- Why did Bessie Phillis suddenly change her story? Why did she disappear?
- Do you suspect anyone who was not investigated?
- Who got away with murder on Christmas Eve 1900?
Note: Your first comment has to be approved to deter spam bots. After that, you can comment without waiting for moderation.