Warning: Spoilers Included
There have been some great discussions about Cold Heart happening around the web! I’ve gotten a few questions about whether there is a forum on this site for discussing the book, so I’m creating one!
I’d love to hear any thoughts you’d like to share about Cold Heart, including the suspects, their motives, the crime scene, the investigation, and the inquest, or feel free to weigh in on any of these controversial questions:
- What were Mrs. Hull and Dr. Marcy discussing in the basement the morning of the murder?
- The crime scene was staged in some way. It looked as though Ed had a guest and the visit turned deadly and that a burglar had come in. Were either of these things true, or was the murderer already in the house when the family went to bed?
- The police quickly narrowed down the list of main suspects to Arthur Pennell, Carrie Pennell, and Mrs. Hull. Did they overlook or dismiss anyone too quickly? Could there have been a plot between any of the suspects?
- Why did several people who were close to Ed, including his daughter and his business partner, leap to the conclusion he had committed suicide?
- The police completed their investigation of the crime scene within hours. The Burdicks had servants that lived in the home. Why was the den left in the condition it was for so long after the murder?
Note: Your first comment has to be approved to deter spam bots. After that, you can comment without waiting for moderation.